Esper A. Peterson Foundation Family Aquatic Center Rules
These pool rules supplement the regulations included in the Illinois Department of Public Health swimming pool and bathing beach code, protocols of the Starfish Aquatics Institute, and policies established by the Village of Grayslake. They are intended to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all patrons.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents are responsible for supervising their children.
- Children ten years of age and under must be accompanied by a responsible individual 16 years of age or older.
- Swimsuits are required. Only swimsuits and white t-shirts are allowed in the pool.
- No running.
- Diving is allowed only in designated areas. Back dives, flips, and spins are prohibited.
- The following personal floatation devices (PFDs) are allowed only in the zero-depth area: life vests and floatation swimsuits. A responsible individual, 16 years of age or older, must be within arms reach of any child using a personal floatation device at all times.
- Face masks, fins, and snorkels are prohibited.
- Only soft toys are allowed in the pool.
- The Aquatic Center, or portions thereof, may be closed at the discretion of the manager on duty.
- Aquatic Center management reserves the right to enforce additional rules and policies as situations warrant. All decisions of the management are final.
The Grayslake Aquatic Center is a family facility. All patrons are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Patrons are subject to temporary and/or permanent ejection from the facility and/or grounds if these
Don't Forget to Wear Sunscreen!