Water Service and Billing Inquiries
For questions regarding water usage, bill amount, or a final water reading, call the Village of Grayslake Finance Division at 847-223-8515. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Day 1: Bill is mailed
- Day 29: Amount is due
- Day 30: 10% penalty is assessed on any past due balance
- Day 31: Next monthly bill is mailed (includes any previous balance and penalty fees)
- Day 45: Notice of termination of services is sent ($25 notice fee is added to bill for first offense, $50 for second offense, and $75 for every offense thereafter)
- Day 53: Service is terminated if past due amount is not paid ($50 shut-off fee is added to bill for the first offense, $100 for second offense, and $150 for third offense)
- The word 'actual' indicates that your water bill is based on your actual water meter reading.
- The word 'estimate' indicates that your bill was estimated based on your previous usage history.
- The word 'final' indicates this bill is the final bill for water service at the service address on the bill.
Penalty / Shut-Off Notice / Shut-Off of Service
The Village must impose these additional fees to defray costs for late notices, shut offs, and service resumptions so that delinquent customers, and not all rate-payers, pay these costs. Please keep your account up-to-date to avoid these penalties:
- Penalty - 30 days after a bill is issued and unpaid, a 10 percent penalty is assessed on the outstanding bill amount only. (This will be included in the previous balance noted on your next monthly bill).
- Shut-Off Notice - A shut-off notice will be issued for any balance unpaid after 45 days. A $25 notice fee for the first offense will be added to your bill upon the mailing of this notice to defray administrative costs ($50 for the second offense and $75 for the third offense).
- Actual Shut-Off of Service - Service personnel will be sent to shut-off water and sewer service to an account address with a past due balance unpaid after 53 days. A $50 shut-off fee will be added to your bill when personnel are sent to your address ($100 for the second offense and $150 for the third offense). This fee, along with any previous balance and penalties or fees, must be paid prior to resumption of service.
Both the shut-off notice fee and the shut-off of service fee will increase each time you receive a written notice or when service personnel are sent to your address during the same fiscal year (May 1 - April 30).