Daniel Barry Memorial Skate Park
The 12,000-square-foot Village-owned Daniel Barry Memorial Skate Park, located on Library Lane, across from the Grayslake Area Public Library, was opened by the Village in August 1999. It features 7-foot tall start boxes with 12-18 foot wide ramps.
Skate Park Safety Rules
- Caution: In-line skating and skateboarding are high-risk recreational
- Skaters are responsible for inspecting park equipment prior to use to ensure that it has not been vandalized and is safe for skating. Do not use the equipment if it is broken or wet. Contact the Village of Grayslake at (847) 223-8515 if the equipment is damaged.
- The Skate Park area is unsupervised. Participants skate at their own risk.
- It is recommended that proper protective equipment, such as helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, etc. be used during skating activities.
- No personally-owned ramps, boxes, or other devices may be brought into the facility.
- Bicycles or persons not skating are prohibited from using the skating structures.
- Glass objects and containers are not allowed in the skating area.
- Please be courteous of and cooperative with other skaters.
- The Skate Park closes at dusk.
- The host of Annual Skate Contest.