Water Service and Billing Inquiries
For questions regarding water usage, bill amount, or a final water reading, call the Village of Grayslake Finance Division at (847) 223-8515. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Day 1: Bill is mailed
- Day 29: Amount is due
- Day 30: 10% penalty is assessed on any past due balance
- Day 31: Next monthly bill is mailed (includes any previous balance and penalty fees)
- Day 45: Notice of termination of services is sent ($25 notice fee is added to bill for first offense, $50 for second offense, and $75 for every offense thereafter)
- Day 53: Service is terminated if past due amount is not paid ($50 shut-off fee is added to bill for the first offense, $100 for second offense, and $150 for third offense)
Penalty / Shut-Off Notice / Shut-Off of Service
- The word 'actual' indicates that your water bill is based on your actual water meter reading.
- The word 'estimate' indicates that your bill was estimated based on your previous usage history.
- The word 'final' indicates this bill is the final bill for water service at the service address on the bill.
The Village must impose these additional fees to defray costs for late notices, shut offs, and service resumptions so that delinquent customers, and not all rate-payers, pay these costs. Please keep your account up-to-date to avoid these penalties:
- Penalty - 30 days after a bill is issued and unpaid, a 10 percent penalty is assessed on the outstanding bill amount only. (This will be included in the previous balance noted on your next monthly bill).
- Shut-Off Notice - A shut-off notice will be issued for any balance unpaid after 45 days. A $25 notice fee for the first offense will be added to your bill upon the mailing of this notice to defray administrative costs ($50 for the second offense and $75 for the third offense).
- Actual Shut-Off of Service - Service personnel will be sent to shut-off water and sewer service to an account address with a past due balance unpaid after 53 days. A $50 shut-off fee will be added to your bill when personnel are sent to your address ($100 for the second offense and $150 for the third offense). This fee, along with any previous balance and penalties or fees, must be paid prior to resumption of service.
Both the shut-off notice fee and the shut-off of service fee will increase each time you receive a written notice or when service personnel are sent to your address during the same fiscal year (May 1 - April 30).